Single Barrel Club - New Membership Year 3 - $250
This annual membership gives the holder the right to purchase at least 1 bottle of all qualifying Clayton Winehouse (CWH) single barrels. Additionally, it provides inclusion into store raffles for all allocated whiskeys we receive, as well as 1st access to all local collaborations such as Side Project beers and other perks listed below. It does however require a commitment to purchase a minimum of 8 "core" single barrel picks over the course of the membership year.
Over the course of the club year, we typically select around 12-14 store pick single barrels. 8 of these barrels are labeled as "core bottles" and members are required to purchase them, in order to be eligible for the raffles. These core bottle will be limited to Bourbon and Rye (reasonably priced), while other optional to purchase "wildcard" barrel picks may include all types of spirits: higher end whiskey, tequila, mezcal, rum, cognac etc.
The Year 3 membership term will run Aug 1, 2023 - July 31, 2024.
Additional membership benefits and details:
1. New Member Bottle: All new SBC members will receive 1 bottle of their choice from the CWH Yellowstone Handpicked Collection Barrels - 102, 109, or 115pf. Come in for a blind tasting!
2. Allocated items: The majority of all allocated and rare bottles will go into a pool exclusively reserved for purchase by SBC members. (We will occasionally reserve a btl for on-site consumption). These bottles will then be distributed in a manner equitable for all members, such as a raffle. To be eligible for the raffles, you must purchase the core barrels that have been released up to that point in the year.
3. Member Party: All members (+1) will be invited to join us for an exclusive membership party at the store. Dates tbd later, with plenty of notice.
4. Glassware: All members will receive a unique custom printed Clayton Winehouse SBC glass.
5. Discounts/Free Pours: Members will receive 1 complimentary pour from any of the SBC selections each visit in, as well as 20% off Whiskey related events & tastings.
6. Other Barrels: Members will be given first right of refusal on all additional single barrel picks not included in the membership. These purchases however, will be optional and not required as part of the membership. This policy will be used if barrels yield a btl count lower than the amount of club members.
7. Extra Bottles: Members will have a chance to purchase additional bottles of their favorite barrels before the public is given an opportunity.
8. Trips - We will use a raffle system to invite members to join us on barrel selection trips and special events.
9. Collaborations- Members will be given 1st access to related local collaborations such as Barrel Aged Stouts, Mead, Port, Coffee and more.
10. Renewal: All club members in good standing, who have purchased all 8 core single barrels, will be offered the chance to renew their membership in 2024, prior to any public sales. Failure to pickup bottles within a timely manner may result in membership non-renewal and/or cancelation.
Can I have more than 1 membership?
Only 1 membership per person, please. However your spouse, or other family members over 21 are welcome to join.
Do you ship?
We do not currently ship; all bottles must be picked up in store.
Can I have a proxy pick up my bottles?
Yes, please alert us to your proxy and we will save his/her name in our system. We are able to send you an online payment link.
How many memberships are there?
We plan to offer a max of 140 memberships in year 3, we estimate this will mean around 20-30 new slots open.
What barrels will we be getting?
Examples of previous barrels are: Four Roses, Rebel Yell, Maker's Mark, Compass Box, El Mayor Tequila, Jefferson's Ocean Cask Strength, Russel's Reserve, New Riff, Huling Station, Nulu, High West and many more.
How many bottles do we get?
The membership includes 8 different barrel picks over the course of the term, but we expect to have other "optional bottles" available for members to purchase at their discretion.
When will bottles be ready for pickup?
Unfortunately, it's hard to pinpoint barrel delivery windows, but we've done our best to spread out the timing of arrival. We will always communicate timelines via email and the club facebook group.
What is the timely manner* for pickup listed above?
We ask that you try to pick up your bottles within a month of release.
What is a qualifying single barrel pick?
Any barrel that produces more than 130 bottles and has not already been part of the current membership term. We have done our best to thoroughly mix up the selections.
When does the membership start and end?
The membership term begins August 1st 2023 and ends July 31 2024.
How will you price your bottles?
All bottles included in the membership, as well as all allocated bottles will be priced at our regular in-store margin and not inflated. Typically a few dollars cheaper than the best retail prices in town.
What allocated items will you get?
Unfortunately, it is difficult to guarantee any allocations at this point, but we expect to have a solid mix of items from both our single barrel and distribution partners, which will no doubt grow over time. Examples include Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Elijah Craig, Pappy, BTAC, Michter's, Rebel Yell 10, Willet, Booker's, Weller, Blood Oath and many more!